Tribal Welfare Research Institute
Dr. Ram Dayal Munda Tribal Welfare Research Institute is a High Level Academic Institute established in 1953 by the order of Honorable President of India after recommendation of Commissioner for scheduled castes and scheduled tribe for the purpose of understanding varied and complex problems of tribal groups in the state with the use of modern and scientific study.
Primary aim of the institute is to do research and documentation, training and capacity development , as well as dissemination of information and awareness to generate evidence-based policy, programs and legislation to recommend and support welfare schemes of the government.
- Anthropological studies including social, economic and cultural issues, Traditional Knowledge Systems etc.
- Baseline and other surveys on communities.
- Evaluation and impact assessment studies.
- Documentation of the rich cultural heritage of the state's tribes.
- Creating awareness regarding sensitivity to tribal issues.
The following actions are performed by the institution :
- Research and documentation on Tribal customs, language, culture, arts, health and their diverse problems.
- Study & evaluation of various Tribal welfare and development programs operated by the government.
- Baseline survey.
- Tribal community building and the publication of monographs.
- Publication of Tribal languages Books.
- Publication of research-based journal.
- Preserve and publish the collection of Tribal societies extinct -Story fiction, puzzles, songs, nursery rhyme, proverb, jokes, etc.
- State / National Level Seminar and workshop on Various tribal issues.
- Conducting awareness programs and training on Tribal rights regarding legal / constitutional provisions / Forest Rights Act / PESA etc